River Trip, Sunday 3 March.

• This topic has 19 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by EMUEMU.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Clive AshfordClive A
    Participant

Hi all,

Ken is down to run the river trip this Sunday, 3 March, but finds that he has another engagement and has asked if I would run the trip instead.

There is rain forecast. Yippee! A reasonable amount if you believe the forecast. Yippee twice! It’s most likely that this trip will go ahead. Yippee thrice!

I will post again on Saturday evening with a plan; in the meantime if you are going to come along can I ask that you let me know please? Thanks.

Clive A.

Tel 01752 344425
    Mob 07854 648584
    E-mail cliveandjoy01@gmail.com

Kevin JonesKevin Jones
    Participant

Planning to – on the assumption we don’t have vastly too much water. I believe Kimberly might come out of hibernation too …

EMUEMU
    Participant

Yes please Clive for me and Gavin.

Emerson FreemantleEmerson
    Participant

I’ll be there Clive

Andy KittleAndy Kittle
    Participant

I’ll come
    Kitts

Clive AshfordClive A
    Participant

This is a bit more like it; we had rain last night and there is more forecast for tonight. Yippee number four. We will definitely be paddling somewhere tomorrow, yippee number five.

The expectation is that we will run the Loop but the plan is to make a decision in the morning. You never know, it may rain enough to run the Walkham, fingers crossed. I will post at approx 08:00 to confirm but whatever happens we will met at Plympton at 08:45 ready to leave at 09:00.

Splish splash and yippee! See you tomorrow.

Clive A.

Tel 01752 344425
    Mob 07854 648584

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m keen to paddle but not a fan of the walkham. Will wait to see your decision in the morning.

Rob

mark curtismark curtis
    Participant

Yo Boss,
    see you in the morning,season is closing down fast.Booyah!!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Looking forward to falling out of the gtmax. Dont think i can grow 4 inches and put on a couple stone overnight. May have to duct tape myself into it. Haha

mark curtismark curtis
    Participant

SORRY Boss,
    can t make this now, enjoy

Anonymous
    Inactive

would love to join you guys. 🙂

Clive AshfordClive A
    Participant

Sometimes being a session leader is not my favourite occupation, for instance today I find that there had been light rain for most of the night and that it is still wet. Looking at the 04:00 records the Dart was a bit high and the Walkham a bit low but I have to make a plan. That’s enough of me feeling sorry for myself, here’s what we will do.

On the assumption that river levels will rise during the morning we will run the Walkham. (Sorry Rob.) Meet at Plympton at 08:45 ready to leave at 09:00.

If you are going directly to the river meet at Denham Bridge at 09:30.

Banjo, I think you’re avoiding me.

Gavin, put some Velcro on your bum.

Splishing and splashing here we come.

Clive A.

Tel 01752 344425
    Mob 07854 648584

Anonymous
    Inactive

Have fun guys, I shall pass and try my luck with tagging along on the upper.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Apologies Clive. I’m afraid I am no longer joining you this morning. Sorry for last minute cancellation. Gavin and Mark are also unable to join you… I understand Gavin has velcroed himself to his kayak as instructed and now requires surgical intervention to escape.

Adam CoulsonAdam Coulson
    Keymaster

Packing!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.