River trip, Sunday 13 December.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Clive AshfordClive A
    Participant

Hi all,

If you have done all your Christmas shopping and are looking for some watery entertainment on Sunday, then look no further. There will be a river trip this Sunday, probably somewhere on the Dart but it’s too early to be precise yet. I’ll look at the forecast and make a better prediction on Friday.

The most likely arrangement is to meet at the Plympton car park ready to leave at 9, or at the river at 09:30 but once again Friday will be more informative.

Clive A.

Tel 01752 344425
    Mob 07854 648584
    E-mail cliveandjoy01@gmail.com
    Facebook/twitter/other (anti)social media? Not likely.

Julian MilesJulian Miles
    Participant

Hi Clive
    Is a “river trip” the same as a “whitewater” trip? If so, Layton and I would be keen (both novices).
    Julian

Adam CoulsonAdam Coulson
    Keymaster

Not doing no Christmas shopping this year so yes please!

Clive AshfordClive A
    Participant

Hi all,

Here’s a bit more info for you to digest.

I am hoping to run both a beginners trip and an intermediate trip on Sunday. It would be helpful if you could indicate which trip you would want to attend when you post here. Thanks.

Adam, I will assume you would wish to go on an intermediate trip.

Julian and Layton, good question and yes, a river trip is the same as white water, thanks for asking. I will assume that you will both want to be on the beginners trip. I look forward to meeting you both on Sunday.

Any more questions? I do love questions.

Clive A.

Tel 01752 344425
    Mob 07854 648584

Martin MillsMartinM
    Participant

Hi Clive,

As you know, I haven’t paddled a kayak for a number of years, although I did go with Doug & Kevin on the Tamar last Sunday.

I would like to come on the paddle & am happy to go on either trip depending on where you go.

Cheers

Martin

Adam CoulsonAdam Coulson
    Keymaster

Intermediate fine but am happy to help on Beginners if needed, of course, without question!

Marketa MyskovaMarketa Myskova
    Participant

Hi Clive, would like to come on Sunday.
    Haven’t been WW since we did Walkham 6 weeks ago so need to get my modo back 😉

George HamblinGeorgehamblin
    Keymaster

Hello,

I’ll be there and if the levels are kind, I will be bringing another beginner along too.

Excited to get back on the water!

George

Clive AshfordClive A
    Participant

Hi boys and girls,

I’ve made a plan for Sunday that I think is a little bit cunning and this is it.

Jane Hitchings is going to lead an intermediate trip on the Loop.

George and I will lead a beginners trip on the Lower Dart. The beginners trip already seems to be fairly popular so if needs be we will split the group into 2 with George leading one group and myself leading the other.

Sunday is looking wet. If the rain comes early we may have to re-appraise the beginner’s trip, so keep an eye on the forum for the latest info. I will post again on Saturday evening.

The observant among you will realise that on the calendar I am down to lead this trip with Ken. Ken’s body has been telling him to stop paddling for a couple of years now and at last Ken has paid attention to the signals that his body has been transmitting and has ruled himself out for the rest of the season. In a flippant tone I will tell you that I will miss Ken’s happy smiling face, but in a more sober mood I will tell you that I will miss his support and words of wisdom. Then, back to being flippant, I will point out to you that it has taken 2 coaches to replace 1 Ken.

Splish splash

Clive A.

Sean GeorgeSean
    Participant

Hi Clive,
    I’d like to paddle the loop please, if that’s ok with Jane.
    Very sorry to hear Ken won’t be joining us anymore-I’m not sure I’d have stuck with it if it wasn’t for Ken.
    Sean.

Julian MilesJulian Miles
    Participant

Hi Clive. Thanks and “yes”: Layton and I are better suited to the beginners trip.
    Do I understand “the Plympton carpark” is the one next to the Co-op at end of the Ridgeway? We’ll meet you there before 9.
    Julian

Andy KittleAndy Kittle
    Participant

Hi Clive,
    I am hoping to go but I have a long term poorly foot issue that sometimes does not appreciate 3 hours being bent in a kayak. Hurts at the moment a bit but I’ll see how it feels in the morning. Probs the Loop
    Cheers Andy.

Alan EdeBigAl
    Participant

I’ll be along.
    Happy to go on the Lower if help is required on the beginners but equally happy to do the intermediate.
    Al

Julian MilesJulian Miles
    Participant

Clive. Layton has (very sensibly!) decided it’s too wet tomorrow. So it’s just me coming. Julian

Clive AshfordClive A
    Participant

Well boys and girls,

There is a little rain forecast overnight, which is a little inconvenient. I am expecting this trip to go ahead as planned so meet and Plympton car park, ready to leave at 09:00. If you are going directly to the river then meet at 09:30 at Holne if you are doing the Loop or Buckfast if you are doing the Lower Dart.

In view of the forecast rain, I will check levels in the morning and post by 08:00 to confirm details, please check here. If levels have risen too much to run a beginners trip on the lower dart I will make a new decision, but I’m 95% sure that we can go ahead as planned.

Julian, you are correct about meeting in the car park at Ridgeway adjacent to the Co-op. We congregate in the long-stay section, which is furthest from the car park entrance. I look forward to meeting you and if Layton changes his mind that would be OK.

I have allocated places as follows.

Intermediate trip (Loop):
    Jane (Leader)
    Adam
    Sean
    Andy
    Alan

Beginners trip (Lower Dart):
    Clive
    George (Assistant) (+1)
    Martin
    Keta
    Julian
    Joy

Hope that is OK? Any probs let me know.

Clive A.

Tel 01752 344425
    Mob 07854 648584

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.