Request for cover for open-water swim events

Port of Plymouth Canoeing Association Forums Adverts, Buying and Selling Non Club Adverts Request for cover for open-water swim events

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

We received the email, below, requesting help with open-water swimming events on the Tamar and around Burgh Island at Bigbury. If anyone is interested, please contact Sarah Dobson directly.
    Thanks
    Bob

Sent: 05 June 2017 13:23
    To: leader@ppca-canoe-club.org.uk
    Subject: Support for recreational swims

Dear PPCA

I am admin for the Devon Kayaking Group, and a member of Devon Wild Swimming.

I have been approached by admin for DWS to ask if any kayakers would be interested in supporting their recreational swims.  I am advised these are not formal events.  Two of the events are on the Tamar and one is for a swim around Burgh.

They would like some kayakers to paddle with swimmers and let them hang on to their kayaks if they need a breather and carry drinks if a swimmer needs a drink. Ideally there would be a pair at the front, some with the swimmers and some at the back behind the last swimmer.

I am advised by admin of the DWS that the kayakers are not relied upon by or responsible in any way for the swimmers – but it is handy if they are around.

Is this something your club would be interested in supporting?  Have you done this sort of thing before?

There are a few experienced kayakers who are interested in DKG but we are a small group so may not be able to provide much support.

sarah

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.