New kayaking app

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

See the email, below, for info on a new app for kayakers. Please respond directly to the sender if interested, at info@splash365.net.

Hi there,

This is a genuine enquiry, so if you could spare the time to help me then I would be very grateful. I’m an avid sea kayaker based on the north coast of Scotland, and was wondering if you would be kind enough to spread the word about a new mobile app and website I’ve put together for people like us.

At the moment whilst I’m trying to get it off the ground it’s only available for Android and only available in the UK, but if there is enough interest then I will look at branching out to other countries and producing a version for Apple devices. It’s called Splash 365 and it’s free to download.

Basically the idea came to me because in the summer months I have a tendency to spontaneously go out to sea in the early hours without telling anybody where I’m going. So, the app is based around safety and allows people to track you in real time or find you in an emergency. It also gives you one touch access to an emergency contact, your nearest coastguard, or the standard emergency services. One touch in an emergency will send vital information about your location, your trip plan, and the equipment that you’re using, with a link to the online tracker.

In addition to that, it also lets you keep a detailed record and map of your trip, photos, equipment, points of interest, hazards, etc. Information about the trips can then be viewed or shared via the Splash 365 website or exported as GPX files for use with a variety of other software and hardware.

Apart from a few mentions on Facebook this is the first time I’m really telling people about it because up to now I’ve been spending time ironing out bugs and developing new features. There are plenty more features in the pipeline including collaborative trip planning, group trips, and much more.

Anyway I’m a one man band at the moment and whilst I am a web and mobile app developer by trade, I’ve done this off my own back and with a zero budget. It would be great if you could pass this information on to your members and encourage them to try it out. I’m hoping to continue developing new features in order to make it a really essential piece of equipment.

If you have any questions or feedback then please feel free to Email me at this address and I’ll get back to you straight away.

Thanks

Marc Farr

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.