Whitewater Trip 25th October

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Pete AndersonPete Anderson
    Participant

Hi Boys and Girls .
    Another Sunday another whitewater adventure for the PPCA.
    I ve just returned home from the Dart after a little excursion on the Erme this afternoon.
    Despite the foul weather the levels where still low.
    There is rain predicted before Sunday . Especially overnight Saturday. What amount does finally arrives will have to be seen.

So the general plan is for anyone who is interested please let me know here or text me on 07958694434.By 6pm Saturday.
    We shall meet as usual in Plympton with the aim of leaving at 9am. The option to meet us at the chosen river still remains. Just let me know your preference.

As for the choice of river.
    Due to the prediction of rain overnight Saturday into Sunday morning. Pushes our decision to first thing Sunday morning . Thankfully the end of daylight saving gives us a little more time.
    Hopefully I can post an announcement before we meet. But don’t be surprised if it comes down to a discussion in the Plympton carpark.

Once again please do remember your masks for car sharing.
    No mask then up on the roof bars with the kayaks you go 😜.
    Regards Pete

Helen WoodsHelen Woods
    Participant

Hi Pete, can I book one place for Jack Woods. We would prefer to meet at the river so please let us know where. This will be Jack’s 4th trip so hopefully this will be appropriate for him as a beginner
    Thanks
    Helen

mark curtismark curtis
    Participant

Yo Yo Yo Legend,
    The Banjo Man will be there ,might bring the go pro too capture those special moments.wink,wink Booyah!!!!!!!!!!

Adam CoulsonAdam Coulson
    Keymaster

Yes please I would like to come as fresh looking more promising than salty water this weekend. Oh no, Banjo and camera!

Andy KittleAndy Kittle
    Participant

Hi Pete,
    I have a friend new to the club. He has done some river paddles before but I’m not sure what level. He is getting back into paddling. I would like to book him (Paul) and myself on a suitable trip. If too high he may give it a miss and I may do the open boat trip if this is okay.
    Cheers
    Kitts

Michael Selleysmeg
    Participant

Hi pete I would like to come, always wanted to go on the roofbars

Doug SitchDoug Sitch
    Participant

Count me in for a trip…! 🙂

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by Doug SitchDoug Sitch.
    Sean GeorgeSean
    Participant

Hi Pete,
    I’d like to come.
    See you at Plympton unless we have a deluge overnight.
    Thanks, Sean.
    `

Alan EdeBigAl
    Participant

I’m coming along.
    If the levels are ok what about the Walkham?
    Al

Jane Hitchingsjanehitchings
    Participant

Count me in too. If its the Fart I will meet you there, if not I’ll see you at Plympton.
    Jane

Pete AndersonPete Anderson
    Participant

Evening Boys and Girls !
    The line up tomorrow is,
    Myself
    Clive
    Doug
    Mad Jane
    Banjo
    Keta
    Jack
    Adam
    Andy and Paul
    Sean
    Mike
    Alan.

As you can see we have more than 12. But don’t worry as Doug has kindly offered to be the third leader.

As I type the Dartmoor rivers are reaching their peak level . After todays weather front.This unfortunately is too early a peak for the Walkham.So we shall head to the Dart.

So after consultation with Clive and Doug. We are to meet at Plympton first as planned. Jack and Jane can meet us at the Lower get out at 0930.

The plan is double check the level in the morning.
    We will run a Lower Dart group . But if levels are favourable and people are keen .Then we can set up other groups on the Loop etc.

Looking forward to seeing you all in the morning
    Pete

Alan EdeBigAl
    Participant

Remember the clocks go back tonight folks.

Michael Selleysmeg
    Participant

Hi Katya I have your paddle. My phone is 07792659747. Address. 50 Underlane Plympton PL7 1qx

Marketa MyskovaMarketa Myskova
    Participant

Thanks for very nice Lower Dart paddle last Sunday.
    Will get in touch about the paddle, back in Plymouth on Wednesday.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.