WHITE WATER TRIP SUNDAY 12th NOVEMBER 2017

Port of Plymouth Canoeing Association Forums PPCA General Forum PPCA Club Paddles WHITE WATER TRIP SUNDAY 12th NOVEMBER 2017

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Ken HamblinKen Hamblin

Well here we are again still not really knowing what river we may be paddling due to the water levels but disregarding that there will be a paddle this Sunday for both Beginners and Intermediate paddlers hopefully on the Dart which should include the Loop and the Lower. There is quite a bit of rain forecast for the next couple of days but if the levels are still too low then the Tamar it will be. At this time please meet at the Coop car Park in Plympton ready to leave at 0900 hrs. For those paddlers who live nearer the venue see you in the layby at Holne Weir at 0930 hrs. I would be obliged if you are coming along to please leave an indication on here so that we know the numbers with regard to safety cover. I will update this post on Saturday evening when hopefully I will know better what the levels are. Be warned this weekend is likely to be on the cold side ๐Ÿ˜ฏ ๐Ÿ˜ฏ so please make sure you are wearing an adequate number of layers of clothing with the addition maybe of a nice warm drink. ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€
    Ken

EMUEMU
    Participant

If it’s the Dart I’ll be there Ken

jonsedjonsed
    Participant

If it’s the Dart then I’ll be there too please. I live out that way and so I’ll see you at Holne Weir.

Thanks!

Jon

Karen SargentKaren
    Participant

Hi Ken, Adam and I will be joining you. See you Sunday morning at Co op.
    Karen and Adam

Clive AshfordClive A
    Participant

I will be there.

Clive A

Ken HamblinKen Hamblin

I am sure you are all pretty much aware that the weather forecast has changed quite dramatically over the last couple of days and now we are probably looking at TOO much water. The level on the Austin Bridge Guage is currently showing 1.03 and the forecast for tonight is at least 6 hours of heavy rain plus showers so whatever happens if this is right it is looking quite high. We will not know with any certainty until the morning so please meet at the Coop Car Park as planned where we will make a decision there. The Walkham is a likely alternative so I am sorry if you want to go paddling you will have to meet with everybody else. The good news is it is not going to be as cold as originally forecast.
    Keep smiling and see you in the morning ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€
    Ken

Jane Hitchingsjanehitchings
    Participant

Bum! Will have to get out of bed earlier to get to Plympton. Ken, if you truly love me
    , please phone me if you are doing the loop. Will see you regardless, wouldnโ€™t miss it for anything! I love the Waltham so will be glad to paddle anything.
    Jane

Steve HoppinsSteve H
    Participant

So much for the Tamar hahaha.

See you in the morning.

Steve

Michael Selleysmeg
    Participant

Me also Ken, though need to beg a lift from the co op

mark curtismark curtis
    Participant

yo yo yo boss,
    lets have some fun,see you in the morning Booyah!!!!!!!!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

EMUEMU
    Participant

Gavin was planning on coming and it would be his first river trip. Do you want me to tell him to give this one a miss due to the level?

jonsedjonsed
    Participant

I’m going for an early dinner at Riverford and so I’ll paddle the Loop with the students rather than risk missing that if we paddle the Walkham. The levels are looking peachy and the sun’s shining and so have a great day wherever you end up!

Clive AshfordClive A
    Participant

Well, that was fun wasn’t it?

Clive A

EMUEMU
    Participant

Great fun. Really enjoyed it. Thanks.

Karen SargentKaren
    Participant

Really enjoyed today’s paddle. Thank you everyone, great company, fun, beautiful river. X

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.