WHITE WATER TRIP FOR BEGINNERS SUNDAY 4th NOVEMBER

Port of Plymouth Canoeing Association Forums PPCA General Forum PPCA Club Paddles WHITE WATER TRIP FOR BEGINNERS SUNDAY 4th NOVEMBER

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Ken HamblinKen Hamblin

Well as you can see there has been hardly any rain again for quite some time and the rivers levels have dropped considerably. Looking at the forecast today there is still not much rain forecast for this week either. In the eventuality that some generous amount of rain does fall between now and Sunday we will be on a river somewhere depending on levels so at this time please meet at the Plympton Car Park near the Coop Store at 0845 hrs ready to leave at 0900 hrs. As you are also aware I am sure the temperature has also gone down and things are quite cold at the moment although it is due to rise a bit during the week but be prepared it can and will get quite cold during the next few months so dress accordingly.
    Get you prayer mats out and start praying for some rain please and hopefully I will see you all on Sunday morning. ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€
    I will update this Trip on Saturday evening around about 1800 hrs but would appreciate it in the meanwhile if you are coming along can you leave a message on here please indicating this.
    As normal I need this just to give me an indication on numbers and whether it is viable to run a second trip on the Loop ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
    Ken

Kevin JonesKevin Jones
    Participant

If there’s water, I’ll plan to be there ๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Kaden would like to join you please. Thanks

Sean GeorgeSean
    Participant

I’d like to come.
    Thanks.

Colin WildingColin Wilding
    Participant

Lots of ifs but if the prayers work and the rain comes I will be there.
    Colin

Clive AshfordClive A
    Participant

Jo

I’ve sent you a PM.

Clive

Adam CoulsonAdam Coulson
    Keymaster

Well all those prayers for rain resulted in me rinsing sea boats and kit in a torrential downpour with lightening last night ๐Ÿ™ Today my new dry suit arrived ๐Ÿ™‚ Therefore I will plan to join you somewhere on Sunday as long as some of that water is not yet in the sea.

EMUEMU
    Participant

If there is enough water for a Dart trip I’ll be there. November already and only had to runs of the loop so far.

Marketa MyskovaMarketa Myskova
    Participant

Would love to come but canโ€™t do next two weekends, home alone with kids for next two weeks.

Marty JohnstonMartyJ
    Keymaster

Hi Ken.
    I would like to come and Rachael is currently a maybe.
    We are travelling back from holiday tomorrow.
    I’ll keep an eye out for your plan and confirm tomorrow evening if that’s OK.
    Thanks,
    Marty

Louis EdeLouis Ede
    Participant

Hi Ken,
    I’d love to come along. I believe that there is a fair bit of rain forecast tonight, so hopefully a the rivers will swell. I’ll keep an eye on here and find out what dad is doing. I may need to call for a ride if he’s not.

Louis
    Yeeehaaaa

Andy KittleAndy Kittle
    Participant

Hi Ken
    I’m planning on coming too, weather permitting
    Kitts

Ken HamblinKen Hamblin

Well as you can see the weather forecast IS for rain. If you look at the Met Office Forecast it is giving 8 hours of heavy rain and then light rain. The BBC Forecast is giving 3 hours of heavy rain before midnight and then continuous light rain, so take your pick folks. The Austin bridge gauge is showing .43 at 0400hrs this morning ,my minimum level is about .56 for this river. Unfortunately we will not know exactly what the levels will be until the morning but I am sure that between now and then we should have sufficient water to be able to paddle the lower section so please meet as planned. For those who wish to meet us nearer the Dart please meet us in the Salmon Leap Cafe at Buckfastleigh just off the A38 at 0930hrs. Just to be on the safe side it might be prudent to give me a ring at about 0800 hrs just to make sure we haven’t had to change the river. 07790293952 Anybody with any questions please give me a ring tonight preferably before 2300 hrs . I definitely need my beauty sleep ๐Ÿ™„ ๐Ÿ™„ ๐Ÿ™„ ๐Ÿ™„ ๐Ÿ™„ ๐Ÿ™„
    See you all or nearly all in the morning. Sorry Keta, but hope to see you again soon. ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€
    Ken

mark curtismark curtis
    Participant

y yo yo,Boss,
    The Banjo man will see you in the morning,if there’s rain if not ill shoot over too bigbury for a bit of surf,Booyah!!!!!!!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Steve HoppinsSteve H
    Participant

I’m not convinced there’s going to be enough rain to be honest. I’ll see you in the morning.

Steve

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.