Skills with Doug Tues 19th April

Port of Plymouth Canoeing Association Forums PPCA General Forum PPCA Club Paddles Skills with Doug Tues 19th April

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Doug SitchDoug Sitch
    Participant

In addition to the regular sessions on Tuesdays, I am putting on a set of ‘Skills with Doug’ sessions. These are intended for those paddlers who have gained some experience and skills in the Explorer sessions and wish to develop their personal skills applicable to the Sea Kayak awards, White Water & Surf. The focus is to learn to manage (& cope with) waves to be found in a beach location and avoid the mishaps that end in capsize! This will focus exclusively on low & high recovery (brace) skills. Proficiency in the recovery strokes is the mainstay of avoiding a mishap on the water, whether that be from a sudden gust of wind, a breaking wave, snagging a sub-surface object, or a simple collision. They are also the foundation for learning to ‘Eskimo Roll’.

Each session is limited to 6 participants and should be booked on the Forum (here) as each session is announced. Dates for Mount Batten sessions will be 19th Apr, 10th & 24th May.

Doug Sitch

Mark PerryMark Perry
    Keymaster

Hi Doug
    Can I sign Jackie and I up for 19th April? ( one or both of us will step out if you get more than 6 as we did some of these with you last season )
    Thx Mark

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.