Sea kayak away day, Sunday 29 May.

Port of Plymouth Canoeing Association Forums PPCA General Forum PPCA Club Paddles Sea kayak away day, Sunday 29 May.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Clive AshfordClive A
    Participant

Hi all,

There will be a sea kayak away day on Sunday 29 May. As yet I don’t know any more than that but as the title implies it will involve sea kayaks and will be away from Mount Batten. I will be keeping an eye on the weather and make a decision later in the week.

Club boats are available for this trip. To book a club boat please contact equipment officer Pete Anderson via equipment@ppca-canoe-club.org.uk or 07958 694434.

Clive A.
    Mob 07854 648584
    E-mail cliveandjoy01@gmail.com

Embracing the digital age by counting on my fingers.

Karen SargentKaren
    Participant

See ya Sunday 😊

Clive AshfordClive A
    Participant

Hi again,

Well, I’ve looked at a few forecasts and they all seem to agree that Sunday is going to be a sunny day with light winds, if a little on the cool side for the time of year. So, this is the plan:

Meet in the car park at Wembury Beach ready to be on the water at 10:00. This should get us into the car park before it gets too busy. For those that need such things the postcode for the adjacent café is PL9 0HP.

We may or may not paddle around the Mew Stone before heading east along the coast. We will stop for lunch and then return to Wembury. In total I expect to paddle between 12 & 14 miles.

I am expecting a whole load of jolly paddling.

I will post again on Friday just to confirm details.

See you on Sunday.

Clive A.
    Mob 07854 648584
    E-mail cliveandjoy01@gmail.com

p.s. It looks like there will be 6 Karens attending, that’s exciting.

Clive AshfordClive A
    Participant

Just to confirm that this trip will go ahead as advertised. If you are oing to use a club boat please pick it up either on Friday night (tonight) or Saturday morning.

See you on Sunday

Clive A

Adam CoulsonAdam Coulson
    Keymaster

Looking forward to catching up with everybody on Sunday. Will be a nice day out on a different piece of coastline but close by home. Any other takers?

Lee CollardLee Collard
    Participant

Thanks for a great day out. Nice to get out in some more challenging conditions.
    Cheers, Lee.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.