Sea kayak away day, Sunday 10 April.

Port of Plymouth Canoeing Association Forums PPCA General Forum PPCA Club Paddles Sea kayak away day, Sunday 10 April.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Clive AshfordClive A
    Participant

Hi all,

I’m due to run a sea kayak away day on Sunday 10 April. The forecast wind is force 4 SE so at the moment I am a bit undecided as to where to go, but with high tide at 12:30 we will manage to go somewhere, even if it’s only a trip up the Tamar estuary.

I will post again on Saturday with a proper plan but in the meantime, if you are thinking of joining me could I ask that you let me know please?

Club boats are available for this trip. To book a club boat please contact equipment officer Pete Anderson via equipment@ppca-canoe-club.org.uk or 07958 694434.

Clive A.
    Mob 07854 648584
    E-mail cliveandjoy01@gmail.com

Embracing the digital age by counting on my fingers.

Clive AshfordClive A
    Participant

Hi all,

Well boys and girls, the forecast for tomorrow is still force 4 SE wind. I’m going to err on the side of caution and paddle on the Lynher estuary. We will launch from the quay at Jupiter Point at 10:30 and see how far we can get on the incoming neap tide, have lunch and then return.

Jupiter Point is on the south side of the Lynher estuary just outside Torpoint. To get there leave Torpoint on the main road and turn off by the National Trust sign to Antony House. This is Ferry Lane. Go to the end of Ferry Lane and you will find parking and access to the water. I haven’t been able to find a postcode but the just three words website call it explores.fetching.unsightly The grid ref is SX 415568.

I know it’s not the most exciting paddle but it is pretty. Ironically I am aware that paddling from Mount Batten to the mouth of the Yealm would be a good option, but the club did this last Saturday and it wouldn’t count as an away day.

It would be nice to know if you are coming.

See you tomorrow.

Clive A.
    Mob 07854 648584
    E-mail cliveandjoy01@gmail.com

Embracing the digital age by counting on my fingers.

Mark PerryMark Perry
    Keymaster

Hi Clive
    See you there if we can find it !

Karen SargentKaren
    Participant

I’m coming too, easy to find on Google. Early ferry 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.