Saturday Rec Paddle 19th Jan

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Terry CalcottTerryC
    Participant

Saturday rec Paddle 19th Jan

This rec paddle also coincides with Merryl’s coming of age birthday paddle, to find out what age you will need to come along to find out.

The rec paddle will be from Mount Batten usual time on the water of 10:00. It is still to early to get a firm weather update for the day. But it is likely to be a little breezy and maybe cooler, some precipitation is a maybe and the sea state is likely to be slightly lumpier than recent weeks. I will post again on Friday with an update.

Please post if you are thinking of coming along and bring all of your usual paddling kit plus any safety equipment you have, tow lines, first aid, spare clothing, VHF etc. Dress for the winter paddling conditions and bring lunch and a hot drink (or cold if you prefer).

There will definitely be a cake or two on offer for lunchtime. As it also another one of the regular paddlers birthday?

See you all on Saturday,

Terry

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi I would love come on the paddle although I have my own kayak, I was just wondering if anyone knows if it might be ok to try one of the sea kayaks that the club has as I haven’t tried a sea kayak before and would love to try one if thats ok. also would you like me to bring some homemade cookies along ? see you all Saturday. Olivia x

Terry CalcottTerryC
    Participant

Olivia you can try out any of the club kayaks that are suitable for you. I will chat to you about the options on Saturday.

There will be cake at lunch on the paddle. But paddlers never turn down homemade cookies so please bring some along.

Terry

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you so much see you on Saturday

Anonymous
    Inactive

Looking forward Terry….AND I succeeded in being able to reply this time – it’s not been easy!!

Joy AshfordJoy Ashford
    Participant

Should be joining you all on the water on Saturday. Hoping that it’s drier than today though.

Well done Helga, for getting on the forum.

Terry CalcottTerryC
    Participant

Its not looking to bad for paddling. Light winds but the chance of a shower or two during the day but hopefully some sunshine as well. Probably a bit of small surf and swell around so helmets please if you wish to partake in rock hopping along the way.
    See you all at MB for a 10:00 launch.

Terry

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.