Saturday paddle, 2 October.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Clive AshfordClive A
    Participant

Hi all,

I’m leading the rec paddle this Saturday, 2 October.

The forecast could be described as autumnal, or it could be described as simply horrid. Either way there’s time for it to change.

All the usual, on the water at 10 etc.

See you on Saturday,

Clive A.
    Tel 01752 344425
    Mob 07854 648584
    E-mail cliveandjoy01@gmail.com

Adam CoulsonAdam Coulson
    Keymaster

I have carefully consulted my calendar and am convinced that it’s the first Saturday of the month and so a sea kayak paddle? However, looking at the forecast I suspect that the length of the boat would make little difference. I’ll be up for something if it runs.

Clive AshfordClive A
    Participant

The Saturday paddle is cancelled.

Congratulations to Adam for pointing out that this is the first Saturday paddle of the month and that as such this should be a sea kayak trip. Congratulations also for being so perceptive as to cast doubts about this trip going ahead due to the forecast weather.

The most paddler friendly forecast that I have found gives a constant force 4 southerly wind with force 6 gusts. Low tide at 09:09 coupled with southerly wind will leave us with nowhere to go in order to find shelter. Add to that the prospect of precipitation in biblical proportions then I think that enjoyment would be in short supply. I’m going to cancel this club paddle.

My apologies for any disappointment.

Clive A.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.