River trip, Sunday 3 January.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Clive AshfordClive A
    Participant

Well boys and girls, Boris has very kindly said that Bekky and myself can go ahead and run the river trip this Sunday, 3 January. Happy New Year indeed.

Those of you that have kept a beady eye on the forecast will be aware that we are in for a cold and dry spell, and those of you who are capable of extrapolating an outcome from said forecast will be aware that the rivers will be a bit low by Sunday. Rocks and icicles may well be the order of the day but never fear, there is fun to be had.

So, if you want to paddle on Sunday post your name here and we will come up with some sort of a plan. The plan will involve leaving Plympton at 09:00 and meeting at the Dart at 09:30, exactly where at the Dart we will meet will depend on the names submitted. If needs be, we can run 2 trips so don’t be shy.

I will post again on Saturday evening once we know who and how many of you jolly paddlers are going to join us.

Splish splash,

Clive A.

Tel 01752 344425
    Mob 07854 648584
    E-mail cliveandjoy01@gmail.com

Martin MillsMartinM
    Participant

Hi Clive,

I would like to join you & Bekky on Sunday.

Will see you at Plympton.

Cheers

Martin

Marketa MyskovaMarketa Myskova
    Participant

Hi Clive,

can’t think about any better way to spend Sunday than river trip.
    Will see you Plympton Keta

Clive AshfordClive A
    Participant

Hi boys and girls,

Unfortunately I find myself unable to paddle tomorrow. Bekky has asked that I post this:

Hello team, I’m so glad you are keen to paddle on the first Sunday club trip of 2021. My wiser and more wonderful paddling buddy Clive won’t be able to join us tomorrow but I would be grateful to see whi is keen to paddle tomorrow so that we can make a sensible plan. I would be grateful if any experienced paddlers wish to volunteer to join us for the session. Please post on the forum if you are keen to join the trip.

Whilst we are in tier 3 it is more important than ever to remember to bring masks for shuttles. Thank you.

Bekky

Andy KittleAndy Kittle
    Participant

Hi Bekky
    Paul and myself will be there
    Cheers
    Andy

Participant

Trip update from Bekky and Jane.
    The current plan is to meet at Holne layby at 930. Jane Hitchings has kindly agreed to help lead this trip with me and we have discussed doing either the Lower Dart or the Loop. Please remember to wear face masks for shuttles. We will finalise the decision tomorrow but whatever we paddle we will have fun. Promise. 🙂 See you at 9.30 tomorrow!

Participant

NB message from Bekky . Please note the MEETING point is Holne layby at 930. Thank you. ( Bekky)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.