River trip, Sunday 3 December.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Clive AshfordClive A
    Participant

Hi all,

Ken is down to run the river trip this Sunday, 3 December, but finds himself double booked and has asked if I would stand in for him. This is me standing in for him.

The perceptive among you will have noticed that we have had another fairly dry week and that there is not a lot of rain forecast. My plan at the moment is to run just one trip this Sunday and that will be on the Tamar. All welcome.

We will meet outside Certini bicycle shop in the Tamar View industrial estate, Saltash, ready to leave at 09:00. For those who don’t know where Certini’s are their postcode is PL12 6LD. If you are going direct to the river meet at the Gunnislake end at 09:30.

There is a little bit of rain forecast for Saturday. If there is enough I rain to make any other river viable I will change my plan. Either way I will post confirmation before 19:00 on Saturday night.

Those of you that know me will be expecting a post mentioning tumbleweed, cacti and rattlesnakes but in truth those images bring up thoughts of an arid landscape sweltering under a searing sun in a cloudless sky. In truth we are talking about the Tamar Valley in December, so not so much tumbleweed and rattle snakes, more a case of reindeer moss and polar bears. What I’m trying to get over is the concept of cold. Make your own suitable connections.

Open boats.
    Club members who wish to come on this trip in open boats are welcome on the understanding that they have had some previous white water open boat experience and can provide their own equipment. I hold no open boat qualifications and as such can only provide safety cover.

Clive A.

Tel 01752 344425
    Mob 07854 648584
    E-mail cliveandjoy01@gmail.com

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi where are you starting from an where are you ending?

Clive AshfordClive A
    Participant

Biggazza

We will be launching from Latchley Ford, which is at grid SX407740 and finishing just north of New Bridge in Gunnislake, grid SX433723.

It may save you a frustrating drive around the highways and byways of Devon and Cornwall if you met us at Saltash and travelled in convoy with us.

Clive A.

Tel 01752 344425
    Mob 07854 648584

Louis EdeLouis Ede
    Participant

Hi Clive,
    not sure if you remember me but my name is Louis. I plan on coming along so I’ll check again on here tomorrow evening. I’ll bring a rattle snake and a tumbleweed.

Louis

Yeeeee Haaaaa

Joy AshfordJoy Ashford
    Participant

I plan on joining you on the Tamar in my open boat. Would love it, if there were more open boats to join me.
    Joy

Alan EdeBigAl
    Participant

I will be going and will bring this Louis fella along. See you at Saltash.
    Al

Jane Hitchingsjanehitchings
    Participant

Hi probably comings if not too hungover.l know you won’t wait for me so if I’m not there I’m nursing a sore head!
    Jane

Clive AshfordClive A
    Participant

Well boys and girls, there’s been hardly any rain so it’s the Tamar for us. See those of you with nothing better to do tomorrow.

Louis? Oh yes I remember, I’ll bring a 1 star certificate for you if your good.

Jane with a hangover? Not a pretty sight.

Clive A.

Tel 01752 344425
    Mob 07854 648584

Adam CoulsonAdam Coulson
    Keymaster

The lady has spoken. We’ll make our way To Gunnislake drectly. Adam

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.