River trip, Sunday 26 November.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Clive AshfordClive A
    Participant

Hi all

I’m down to organise the river trip on Sunday 26 November. I’m fairly optimistic that levels will be quite good and hope to run both an intermediate and a beginner’s trip this Sunday.

We always ask for an indication of names in advance and we don’t usually get a very good response. If you are going to come along can you let us know please? Particularly if you are willing to help with the beginner’s trip.

Thanks.

Clive A.

Tel 01752 344425
    Mob 07854 648584
    E-mail cliveandjoy01@gmail.com

EMUEMU
    Participant

Hi Clive, I’m going and can do either trip.
    Thanks, Mark

Colin WildingColin Wilding
    Participant

Hi. I will be there but after last weekend’s time spent lookin at the riverbed life I’m unsure which group but will probably go intermediate!!
    Colin

Kevin JonesKevin Jones
    Participant

After a couple of weekends of driving around the US, I’m looking forward to the delights of a Devon river again and so will be there. Kimberly will also probably come along but that will be less clear until Saturdaylooks like it will just be me this time.

Kevin

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would like to join the beginners group but have no kayak! Perhaps I can come along to see what happens. Where and when do you meet?
    John

Clive AshfordClive A
    Participant

Well boys and girls, I will tell you a story.

I have picked up the phone, dialled Ken’s number and have had a real conversation. With words. Spoken and listened to. It was all rather enjoyable and in the end helpful. It was an experience that I can recommend.

Although levels are generally low we are going ahead with 2 trips tomorrow, (Sunday 26). Ken is going to lead the beginners trip on the Lower Dart and I am going to lead the intermediate trip on the Loop.

Meet at the Co-op car park in Plympton ready to leave at 09:00. For those who find it more convenient to go directly to the river either meet at the Salmon Leap cafe car park, (beginners trip), or the lay-by adjacent to Holne Weir, (intermediate trip). Either way be there for 09:30.

I’m putting my grumpy head on now. In the last few weeks people have been turning up late and have treated this as a bit of a joke. (Ha ha,??? is always late, tee hee). Enough already. I am making the effort to run trips on your behalf, your paddling colleagues can get to the car parks in time to move boats and be ready to leave at the appointed hour. If you can’t be bothered to turn up on time then don’t bother turning up. I can no longer be bothered to wait for you.

I shall mention the word cold and leave the rest up to you, including working out the time needed to scrape the frost off your windscreen.

John, probably your best bet would be to meet at the lay by adjacent to Holne Weir, which is approx 400 yards before Holne Bridge on the road from Ashburton to Dartmeet, grid SX733705. The nearby Lents House has a postcode of TQ13 7NW.

Clive A.

Tel 01752 344425
    Mob 07854 648584
    E-mail cliveandjoy01@gmail.com

Anonymous
    Inactive

Morning all,

I will be there tomorrow! – Potentially probably the Beginner trip would be better suited for me? Still a bit rusty!
    Steve

Alan EdeBigAl
    Participant

I am hoping to be there. At the moment it depends on youth rugby etc. I don’t mind which trip I go on and am happy to help where ever I may be most useful.
    Al

Anonymous
    Inactive

Bradley is coming for beginners will meet at the cafe

Patrick Bradleypatrick.bradley
    Participant

I am hoping to come on the beginner trip. I have a new boat and want to try it , to see if I can make it roll more easily. Once again, if I’m not there at the Coop car park on time, please don’t wait for me. I need to set out from here at 0715 ( up at 0615) so if I’m not in the car and moving by then ,I usually abort. I hope this doesn’t inconvenience you too much;my circumstances are different in that I have over an hour’s travel to Plympton . As always, thank you for what you are doing ,I do understand that you are giving up your time when you could be paddling more advanced rivers. Hope to see you
    P

Jane Hitchingsjanehitchings
    Participant

Hi Clive
    Does going to the wrong car park count as being late, I guess it does but I wasn’t joking about it. Feeling humble and told off. I will be up for the intermediate trip and will meet you at the Lay-by punctually.
    Jane

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dear Team, I would be keen to join the beginner’s trip tomorrow. See you there. 🙂

Ken HamblinKen Hamblin

Just to add a couple of more names to the list George and Guss will be along in the morning paddling with the beginners group. 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄
    Ken

Alan EdeBigAl
    Participant

Hi Folks,
    I’m not going to be able to make it tomorrow.
    Have a good one.
    Al

Kevin JonesKevin Jones
    Participant

Thanks to every one, particularly Ken and Clive for a fun day on the river. If I keep doing this often enough it might even make sense eventually. 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.