River trip Sunday 24th

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Kevin JonesKevin Jones
    Participant

Hi All,

Steve and I are leading this trip. We’re planning something really beginner friendly and intend to run the lower lower (baby) dart, from Austins Bridge to Staverton, levels permitting.

This is an ideal first (or even second :-)) river trip and a chance to try WW before it starts getting cold. If you are interested, let me know (here, FaceBook, messaging, carrier pigeon, …). It should also avoid the weekend chaos on other parts of the dart.

More specific details a bit nearer the time but plan for meeting up, as usual, and getting to the river for 9ish.

If anyone would like to come but doesn’t have a suitable boat, let me know and as an “introductory offer” :-), we can probably sort something out.

Best,
    Kevin
    P.S. i’ll understand if this is too tame for some and another group wants to do something more challenging if the levels are good!

Karen SargentKaren
    Participant

I’m coming out with you guys. See ya Sunday 😃

Kevin JonesKevin Jones
    Participant

Tried to post update but keep failing! One more attempt with out the useful links embedded. See FB if you want to see them!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Kevin JonesKevin Jones.
    Kevin JonesKevin Jones
    Participant

Here’s the state of play:

River looks decent, good level for beginners. May drop a bit, may rise a little but looks within right bounds. Currently at .79 on the Austin Bridge gauge which is about perfect.

Opportunity for a nice trip down the river or skills practice as we go, as suits the individual with no pressure from the coaches :-D.

Plan to meet at Plympton Coop Long term car park (just up the Hill from the coop) to leave for 9. If it’s more convenient for you to meet at the river, aim for lay-by near Austin Bridge for 9:15) and let me know you are doing that. Take out is a little bit of mountaineering just below Staverton station and we’ll make it easy for everyone.

Current group:
    Me
    Steve H
    Kimberly
    Becky
    Lisa
    Harry
    Keta
    Karen
    Steve E

Update tomorrow evening and a final go/no go early Sunday if there’s dramatic change. Let me know preferred communication channel since the BB is the hardest to access on the go but I’ll make sure every one is informed if they let me know the best way. This is the definitive story but I’ll mirror for convenience.

Hopefully, a nice trip!

Andy KittleAndy Kittle
    Participant

I’d like to come along too
    Cheers Kitts

Kevin JonesKevin Jones
    Participant

Current group:
    Me
    Steve H
    Kimberly
    Becky
    Lisa
    Harry
    Keta
    Karen
    Steve E
    Kitts

Adam CoulsonAdam Coulson
    Keymaster

Late entrant Adam please! Never done this stretch of river.

Clive AshfordClive A
    Participant

Let me see, autumn colours, possible kingfishers and steam trains. Added to the fact that I haven’t been on this part of the river since 2017 then count me in please. See you on Sunday.

Clive A.

Lisa CurtisLisa Curtis
    Participant

I’m coming along too and will try and minimise the number of rescue drills you guys have to do 😁

Lisa CurtisLisa Curtis
    Participant

Anyone got a postcode or street name for the Plympton meeting place? I’ve just checked on Google and there are 3 coops in Plympton 🙂

Adam CoulsonAdam Coulson
    Keymaster

Just sent you a pin Lisa. See you in the morning, Adam

Adam CoulsonAdam Coulson
    Keymaster

50.388450, -4.053728

Kevin JonesKevin Jones
    Participant

Current group:
    Me
    Steve H
    Kimberly
    Becky
    Lisa
    Harry
    Keta
    Karen
    Steve E
    Kitts
    Adam
    Clive

Levels just below medium and might move a bit but still within bounds. Slightly chilly but not cold yet and we don’t plan to stop anywhere so dress and provision as you see for.

See you at the ridgeway long term car park to leave for 9. If you are going to meet us at the river, drop me a note
    07800 600276

Lisa CurtisLisa Curtis
    Participant

Thanks for the pin Adam. Look forward to seeing you all tomorrow 😁💦

Kevin JonesKevin Jones
    Participant

Me
    Steve H
    Kimberly
    Becky
    Lisa
    Harry
    Karen
    Steve E
    Kitts
    Adam
    Clive

Assuming all are coming to the coop …

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by Kevin JonesKevin Jones.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.