River Trip Sunday 20th

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Kevin JonesKevin Jones
    Participant

I’ve swapped with Pete this weekend (apparently he’s about to be a decade older) and am running the trip on Sunday 20th. Exact plans to be decided closer to the day but it is intended to be a beginner trip so something easy will be the aim.

Exactly how easy will depend on who wants to go and how much rain decides to fall :-).

If you are interested, sign up here and we’ll come up with some semblance of a plan. At the moment, it’s just me on the roster but we’ll see what interest there is.

Kevin

Michael Selleysmeg
    Participant

Hi Kevin I would like to come along

Marketa MyskovaMarketa Myskova
    Participant

Yes to pre xmas paddle please 😉
    I would like to join you
    Thanks

Helen WoodsHelen Woods
    Participant

Hi Kevin, Jack would like to join the trip please.

Kevin JonesKevin Jones
    Participant

There’s a lot of rain today and tomorrow so we’ll have to make a late decision about the safety of a club beginner trip.

I’ll post a speculative plan this evening and we’ll make a decision Saturday evening (with a final call if needed sun 8am).

Tentative plan would be the standard Plymoton for a 9 departure aiming for the lower regions of the dart but we’ll see what the rain gods think.

Kevin

Kevin JonesKevin Jones
    Participant

Levels are currently huge – I’d post a picture from the river app but can’t be bothered to work out how in this 1990s environment :-). Austin Bridge is showing 2.5m which is over 3x what we’d like for a beginner trip and it’s still rising.

I’ll check tomorrow but am pessimistic about the chances of a club trip …

Austin Bridge Gauge

Kevin

Kevin JonesKevin Jones
    Participant

And the rain stops … levels are dropping rapidly, so there’s a chance we will be OK for a trip on the lower tomorrow 🙂

We currently have 4, a couple of experienced paddlers and no absolute beginners so assuming the current forecast holds, we should be good. Final judgement tomorrow morning. Still a couple of spaces!

Meet at Ridgeway coop for a 9:00 departure, usual covid protocols. If you want to go straight to the river, Salmons Leap layby for 9:30ish.

Louis EdeLouis Ede
    Participant

Hi Kevin,

I’d like to come along. I’ll see you at Plympton at 0845. I’ll bring mask with me if anyone needs to car share with me.

Yeeeeehaaaaaa

Louis

George HamblinGeorgehamblin
    Keymaster

Hi all,

I’ll be along.

George

Steve HoppinsSteve H
    Participant

This is a bit non committal but I may be out with you tomorrow. I was hoping to do something more challenging like the upper but I don’t seem to have many options available at the moment. Providing nothing comes up between now and tomorrow morning I’ll be there.

Jane Hitchingsjanehitchings
    Participant

HI Kevin
    Ken asked me to be assistant leader so happy to do so if the trip goes ahead
    Jane

Marketa MyskovaMarketa Myskova
    Participant

Bekky here on Keta’s forum access ( socially distantly of course) please can i join u tomorrow?

Kevin JonesKevin Jones
    Participant

Ok plan for the coop and we’ll sort groups and where when we see levels and wishes.

George HamblinGeorgehamblin
    Keymaster

I shalnt be paddling with the club so don’t wait for me.
    Have a good one

Helen WoodsHelen Woods
    Participant

Jack will join you at the salmons leap at 9.30. Will check the forum before we set off. Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.