River trip, Sunday 16 Feb.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Clive AshfordClive A
    Participant

Hi all,

I’m down to run the river trip this Sunday, 16 Feb.

You will be aware that there is the little issue of Storm Desmond looming on the horizon and that there is a shed load of rain in the forecast. It is my hope that the river levels will be sensible on Sunday morning and that we will be able to run the Walkham, but at the moment who knows?

All being well my plan is to meet at Towerfield Drive at Woolwell ready to leave at 09:00, but I will post again at aprox 18:00 on Sat evening, at which time I will probably put off making a final decision until Sunday morning.

Sorry to be a bit vague but it’s what I’m good at.

If you are thinking of coming along can you let me know please?

Clive A.
    Tel 01752 344425
    Mob 07854 648584
    E-mail cliveandjoy01@gmail.com

Adam CoulsonAdam Coulson
    Keymaster

Hi Clive

I’m allowed out to play. Surprised you are! All courtesy of Dennis, who may menace.

Adam

Kevin JonesKevin Jones
    Participant

I’m planning to come along on Sunday. Can I extend the offer to uni students who’d be comfortable on the walkham?

Clive AshfordClive A
    Participant

Kevin,

No probs with you bringing suitable university paddlers along on the understanding that you need to be sure as to their abilities, particularly in view of the likely conditions.

Clive A.

Kevin JonesKevin Jones
    Participant

Clive,

thanks for that. You’ve paddled with Ash and Amber before and both will be fine on the Walkham even in high flows.

See you in the morning unless the storm genuinely becomes a hurricane 🙂

Kevin

Sean GeorgeSean
    Participant

Hi Clive,
    I’d like to join you, but appreciate that I might have to give this one a miss.
    If we do the Walkham I’ll meet you at Denham Bridge.

Thanks, Sean.

Doug SitchDoug Sitch
    Participant

Clive,
    I will be along for a Walkham run 🙂
    Doug

Emerson FreemantleEmerson
    Participant

I’ll be there Clive.

Ems.

Clive AshfordClive A
    Participant

Well, Storm Dennis is certainly proving to be a bit lively and there is still a lot of rain forecast overnight.

As predicted I will put off my final decision until approx. 08:00 tomorrow morning. As things stand there is a 50/50 chance of this trip going ahead or being cancelled, depending on whether you are a cup half empty / cup half full type of person.

Kevin, it will be a pleasure to paddle with Amber & Ash again.

Splish splash

Clive A.

Tel 01752 344425
    Mob 07854 648584
    E-mail cliveandjoy01@gmail.com

mark curtismark curtis
    Participant

yo,yo,yo,
    The Banjo man will see you in the morning for fun times and smiles,oh Booyah

Sean GeorgeSean
    Participant

Having checked the river out this afternoon and with more rain forecast, I’ll be giving tomorrow a miss.
    Hope you manage to get out for a paddle and hopefully see you next week.

Sean.

Clive AshfordClive A
    Participant

Well, the Walkham was running at 1.08m at 07:30, which is very high but it was dropping fast. The rain had more or less stopped at 05:30 and there isn’t much forecast for today so the river should continue to drop. Assuming this downward trend continues there is a good chance of paddling so we will meet at Woolwell at 09:00 and go to Denham Bridge to have a look. However, I do still reserve the right to cancel if I’m not happy.

Sean, a very wise decision on your part, you probably wouldn’t have enjoyed todays trip. Thanks for making my life easy.

Clive A.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.