River trip, Sun 3 October.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Clive AshfordClive A
    Participant

Hi all,

George Hamblin, (the ghost of Ken) and myself are running the first river trip of the season this Sunday, 2 October.

Initially we are aiming to run a beginners trip on the Lower Dart but we will make a more informed decision once we know who is coming, so if you are planning to join us can I ask that you let us know please? Either by posting on here or contacting me via text/e-mail. I don’t do social media so I will not see anything you post on Faceache etc.

If you are new to river paddling have a look at the “Whitewater anyone” thread on this forum. https://www.ppca-canoe-club.org.uk/forums/topic/whitewater-anyone-2/ and if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask.

The probable plan is to meet at the long stay section of the car park in Ridgeway adjacent to the Co-op ready to shuffle boats around and leave at 09:00, but I will confirm this nearer to the day. There will also be the opportunity of meeting us at the river for those who find that more convenient.

It probably goes without saying that any trip is dependant on river levels. There is a bit of rain in the forecast so I am not expecting the river to be too low.

Look forward to hearing from you fresh water types,

Clive A.
    Tel 01752 344425
    Mob 07854 648584
    E-mail cliveandjoy01@gmail.com

Julian MilesJulian Miles
    Participant

Hi Clive / George. I’m up for a paddle on 2nd. You may remember I paddled with you both on the lower dart last year and am probably at the low end of intermediate!
    Julian

Doug SitchDoug Sitch
    Participant

I thought that Sunday was the 3rd Oct 🙂 The 2nd is Saturday..

Kevin JonesKevin Jones
    Participant

I fancy a look at the new lower so Kimberly and I will be along.

Adam CoulsonAdam Coulson
    Keymaster

Yes please, health permitting.

Jane Hitchingsjanehitchings
    Participant

Yes I’ll be there new airbags fitted and all.
    Jane

Jane Hitchingsjanehitchings
    Participant

Yes I’ll be there new airbags fitted and all.
    Jane

Adam LightAdam Light
    Participant

Hi Clive, this sounds excellent.
    I’ve not been on a whitewater club trip before but have paddled the Dart a number of times, I’ll collect my boat this afternoon.
    My mobile is 07931 241752 if you need to contact me.

Marketa MyskovaMarketa Myskova
    Participant

Hi Clive,

was ready to join you this Sunday but unfortunately tested positive yesterday for Covid, hopefully fast recovery and will see you soon.
    Enjoy paddle,levels and weather looks good x

Keta

mark curtismark curtis
    Participant

The Banjo Man will see you in the morninig for fun times,Booyah!!!

Andy KittleAndy Kittle
    Participant

I’ll be there Thanks, Kitts

Clive AshfordClive A
    Participant

Well boys and girls, its rained and the river level is rising but the rain has stopped now and there isn’t much due over night, so levels should be good in the morning. We will run the Lower Dart.

Meet at the long-term car park in Ridgeway adjacent to the Co-op, ready to leave at 09:00.

Unfortunately the café at Dart Bridge is still closed so we won’t have access to their car park, so if you are going directly to the river then meet at the lay by adjacent to Dart Bridge at 09:30.

The forecast isn’t particularly warm so we won’t stop for lunch on the way down, but feel free to bring a flask and a snack.

If you haven’t yet made up your mind about coming along it isn’t too late to decide.

Looking forward to a bit of frothy fresh water entertainment, see you all tomorrow.

Clive A.

Bekky StiasnyBekky Stiasny
    Participant

Hi Clive. Thanks to you and George for running the trip. I would love to join you. I would like to meet at the river as I’m working in the evening so I may not travel back to Plymouth afterwards.see you tomorrow 🙂

Bekky StiasnyBekky Stiasny
    Participant

Apologies Team, I won’t make it this
    morning.:(:(:(

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.