River trip, Sun 24 December, Christmas Eve.

Port of Plymouth Canoeing Association Forums PPCA General Forum PPCA Club Paddles River trip, Sun 24 December, Christmas Eve.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Clive AshfordClive A
    Participant

Hi all,

Just an early heads up to let you know that I am running the river trip next Sunday, 24 December, which is Christmas Eve. Obviously I have no idea of what we are going to do yet but should be fun.

Clive A.

Tel 01752 344425
    Mob 07854 648584
    E-mail cliveandjoy01@gmail.com

Clive AshfordClive A
    Participant

I can hear you all asking “What are we going to do on Christmas Eve?” Well, that’s a jolly good question and I am very glad that you asked it. Here’s the current plan A.

Much like last week we hope to run 2 trips. Ken will lead the club trip on the Loop and I will lead a non-club trip on the Upper Dart. As usual this is entirely dependent on the level and it’s looking low at the moment, with not much rain forecast.

If we can’t run a trip on the Upper Dart the fall back plan A will be to run just the one trip on the Loop, and if that is not practical we will run the Tamar.

I will consult with Ken early on Saturday evening and post again with our final plan.

I will also make a decision about open boats at the same time.

Clive A.

Tel 01752 344425
    Mob 07854 648584

p.s. Biggazza, I’ve said that I will post again on Saturday evening so that’s what I will do. Be patient.

Karen SargentKaren
    Participant

He he, goodie. Waiting for Saturday evening the loop please xx

EMUEMU
    Participant

I would like to do the loop please. Gavin is most probably coming if he’s fully recovered from his bad back. If it ends up being the Tamar I will give it a miss.
    Thanks, Mark

Kevin JonesKevin Jones
    Participant

I’d like to come along, whichever moderate river is runnable.

Clive AshfordClive A
    Participant

I’m pleased to report that the little bits of drizzle we have had over the last few days has kept the cactus away so we will play on the Dart tomorrow.

The club trip on the Loop will definitely go ahead but the non-club trip on the Upper is a bit doubtful due to the level. I will check in the morning but in the mean time if you do want to come on the Upper with me please let me know.

Both trips will meet at the Co-op car park in Plympton ready to leave at 09:00. If you are going directly to the river then meet at the lay-by adjacent to Holne Weir at 09:30. If you intend running the Upper with me but still want to meet at the river then again be at Holne Weir at 09:30.

Open boats are welcome on the Loop trip.

Clive A.

Tel 01752 344425
    Mob 07854 648584

Jane Hitchingsjanehitchings
    Participant

Hi Clive Keen to run the Upper Dart if ther is enough water,I’ll look out for your post in the morning and meet at Holne anyway at 9.30 unless you tell me different.
    Lots of love Jane

Karen SargentKaren
    Participant

See your in the morning

Clive AshfordClive A
    Participant

The river level has dropped a bit over night. The Loop trip will go ahead as planned but there will be no trip on the Upper Dart.

See you soon.

Clive A

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.