River trip 22nd October

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Whoop Whoop, I have the pleasure in running this Sundays White Water trip.
    We have a stack of water due so will be running an intermediate trip as advertised and plan to head to the loop.

It will be busy on the river (or parking areas) I’m sure. So I’m suggesting we meet at Holne weir for 9.15(about 30min drive from Marshmills). Which is the get in for the lower if we have any first timers on the loop.

I’m hoping people can sort out car sharing between themselves, if not please contact me on 07973285969. Text is better as I will answer, can’t always answer a phone call during the day.
    Take a snack but I don’t plan on having a lunch stop.
    Any questions please text rather than using this thread and no need to let me know if you can’t make it 🙂

I will repost on Saturday night or first thing Sunday morning for confirmation.
    Chris

Clive AshfordClive A
    Participant

With Chris running an intermediate trip on the Loop I will run a beginners trip, probably on the Lower Dart. If the beginners could meet at the Co-op car park at Plympton ready to leave at 09:00 that would be good. (Thus is a little later than those going on Chris’s trip). For those going straight to the river we will meet at the Salmons Leap cafe car park at 09:30. As with Chris I will post again on Saturday to confirm arrangements.

If you are going to come along to this trip can I ask that you let me know please? Thanks.

Open boats.
    Club members who wish to come on this trip in open boats are welcome on the understanding that they have had some previous white water open boat experience and can provide their own equipment. I hold no open boat qualifications and as such can only provide safety cover.

Clive A.

Tel 01752 344425
    Mob 07854 648584
    E-mail cliveandjoy01@gmail.com

Kevin JonesKevin Jones
    Participant

Clive,

Kimberly and I plan to come along on the beginners’ trip.

Kevin

Adam CoulsonAdam Coulson
    Keymaster

I plan to be intermediate on Sunday and am happy to car share. Live in Elburton. Can pick up from east Plymouth or alternatively meet at Plympton Coop car park as per Clive’s post and depart from there, although early enough so as not to meet any beginners, …………….. or Clive. 😉

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Clive
    I’d like to come on your beginners trip please. I have sent you a text.

Patrick Bradleypatrick.bradley
    Participant

Clive,
    I will probably come with you and will meet at Coop.
    Signed…the man who looses things

Clive AshfordClive A
    Participant

Well, there’s definitely enough water. This trip will go ahead as advertised. Meet at Plympton Co-op car park ready to leave at 09:00.

As the weather will be somewhat autumnal we wont be stopping for a picnic but feel free to bring a flask and some nibbles.

If there are any experienced paddles wanting to practice their rescue skills then Kevin is very eager to oblige. I would welcome your help but I can understand how the first Loop trip of the season coupled with some top notch coaching from Chris would tempt you away.

I’m off to the pool now and then family commitments will stop me from any further posting.

See some of you tomorrow.

Clive A

Anonymous
    Inactive

Looking great for the morning.
    At present just got Adam, Jane and Kathy.
    Will see you all at 9.15 Holne weir lay by.
    Adam, I drive a grey transporter WF12 KOF as Im not sure if I know you.
    Any more are still welcome, It will be fun for sure
    Chris

Adam CoulsonAdam Coulson
    Keymaster

Ah but I know you! Indeed you’ve given me a lift in yon transporter back to Newbridge after a paddle if I remember rightly. See you a.m.

Clive AshfordClive A
    Participant

Sorry boys and girls, the river level is too high to safely run a beginners trip. I’m cancelling todays beginners trip.

Clive A

Anonymous
    Inactive

Great couple of laps on the loop today, thanks Adam, Steve, Jane and kathy.

Adam CoulsonAdam Coulson
    Keymaster

And many thanks to our leader who did a sterling job and helped build my confidence no end. A great team. The kitchen is now sparkling and I’m off for a nap.

Steve HoppinsSteve H
    Participant

Thanks for leading Chris. Great day out for my 1st outing of the season. 2 laps too, couldn’t ask for more. Cheers.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.