River paddle, Sunday paddle, 24 Feb 2019.

Port of Plymouth Canoeing Association Forums PPCA General Forum PPCA Club Paddles River paddle, Sunday paddle, 24 Feb 2019.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Clive AshfordClive A
    Participant

Hmmmmm, well, I’m down to run the river paddle on Sunday 25 Feb. If you have been anywhere near a river recently you will be aware that there are rocks and that those rocks have rocks on. (For the benefit of those who are not fluent in Clivese the rivers are low). The wise old Mr Fossil tells me that the lowest limit for running the Loop is 0.56 on the Austin’s Bridge gauge. The current level is 0.59 but slowly dropping. I will check the level on Saturday evening and converse with wise old Mr Fossil. After that I will put a post here with my decision. To be realistic there is not rain forecast so it is fairly doubtful if this trip will go ahead. (And in case you are wondering no, I haven’t thought about the Tamar, and I am unlikely to think about it either.)

That’s enough rambling for one evening but in the meantime if you do want to bump and scrape down the loop on Sunday perhaps you could post here to let me know.

Clive A.

Tel 01752 344425
    Mob 07854 648584
    E-mail cliveandjoy01@gmail.com

Kevin JonesKevin Jones
    Participant

If there is anything happening, I’ll come along. Missed too many sundays so far 🙂

Clive AshfordClive A
    Participant

Well, the Austins Bridge gauge was 0.56 at 16:00 today and it will drop a bit further overnight. It will come as no surprise to learn that I am cancelling tomorrows trip.

Boo hiss.

Clive A.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.