Rec Paddle Saturday 30th Sept

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Terry CalcottTerryC
    Participant

Rec Paddle Saturday 30th Sept

I will be leading the rec paddle this coming Saturday. For those that came last week the tidal flow will be nothing compared to then as we will be on neaps with hardly any movement. However the wind is still making its mind up for the weekend but hopefully it will remain light winds and dry weather.

Please post if you thinking of coming along and bring along all your normal paddling kit and safety gear.

All welcome, we will be paddling from Mount Batten usual time on the water of 10:00.

Don’t forget lunch and a hot drink.

Terry ๐Ÿ˜€

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hopefully I will be there on Sat. No flapjack this paddle though.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would like to come along Terry

Anonymous
    Inactive

Bob O’Gara and I shall be there on Saturday Terry, weather permitting. Cheers, Jono

Terry CalcottTerryC
    Participant

The rec paddle will definitely be on. Just a few light showers around until the heavy rain arrives later. We will have a sheltered paddle somewhere out of the SW breeze.

What no Tony flapjack! There is a rumour it is one of the paddlers birthday so cake may still be a good possibility ๐Ÿ˜€

Terry

Robert SherstonRobert Sherston
    Participant

Hi Terry
    I should be there tomorrow all being well
    Take Care
    Bob

Adam CoulsonAdam Coulson
    Keymaster

Yep

Anonymous
    Inactive

Many thanks everyone for your support and encouragement today. I’m done in for the rest of the day, zzzzzzzz! but had a great time. All the best Jono
    ๐Ÿ˜€

Terry CalcottTerryC
    Participant

Well Plymouth Sound can throw up a few challanges even on a relatively short paddle over to Drakes Island and then over to Mount Edgecumbe and around to Millbrook Lake. A little bit lumpy at the start into a head wind then a nice sheltered paddle and lunch stop with a double birthday cake feast (thanks Mary). The paddle back via Devils Point with a quick stop to watch RFA Tidespring coming into harbour before a very challenging paddle back along the Hoe.

The new club paddlers (Jono and Bob) did great handling the conditions on the final stretch back to MB. You deserved that beer after.

Terry ๐Ÿ˜€

Anonymous
    Inactive

Cheers For the paddle Terry, I even managed to stay upright!! Well, except for the last 30 seconds hahaha

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.