Rec Paddle Saturday 13th April

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Terry CalcottTerryC
    Participant

Yealm Rec Paddle Saturday 13th April

After waiting all week to see how the weather shapes up for the weekend, it is now likely to be very windy (again). Met Office is giving SE 17 gusting 30. I have decided to make this an away day and go to the shelter of the Yealm Estuary and paddle up the estuary. HW is just after midday so not a bad tidal window.

The intention is to be on the water at 10:00. Meet at the Yealm steps in Newton Ferrers by the Harbour Masters Office. There is building work going on nearby but you should be able to drop off boats then park further up the road. Please do not obstruct the area at the top of the steps.

If anyone wants to use club equipment I will be at Mount Batten at 08:45.

This is a normal rec paddle so general purpose kayaks or sea kayaks welcome. Bring all your usual paddling kit and safety equipment plus lunch and a drink.

Please post if you are coming along so I get an idea of numbers.

Terry

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Terry I was just wondering if we want to borrow a club kayak for this trip do we a roof rack for our car?

Debbie RowlandsDebbie Rowlands
    Participant

Morning Terry,

I would like to join you on the Yealm Rec Paddle tomorrow but I will need to borrow a Club kayak etc. I plan to go to tonight’s session so will ask if I can collect a boat then.
    I can just squeeze a Dagger into my car so hope to see you tomorrow at Newton Ferrers. However, if anyone else going has room on their roof rack and space for a lift from MB, please let me know. Many thanks. Debbie

Terry CalcottTerryC
    Participant

Josh,

If you are using club equipment you will need to be able to transport it safely. Either with a roof rack or if you have a big enough vehicle, then inside. Sometimes there are paddlers going who have spare roof rack space. But not seen any posts yet?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.