Rec Paddle Saturday 11th Nov

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Terry CalcottTerryC
    Participant

Rec Paddle Saturday 11th Nov

The weather forecast for this coming Saturday is still rather unsettled and changeable at the moment. The intention is to run a club paddle from MB usual time on the water. I will post again later in the week on Friday evening to confirm details.

Although the sea temp is still relatively warm compared to the air temp please think about dressing for winter conditions now and the likely wind chill. Plenty of layers and something to keep the head and hands warm. Please bring any of your own safety kit you may have, towline, VHF, spare clothing, survival bag, first aid etc. Don’t forget lunch and a hot drink.

Please post if you are thinking of coming along.

If the wind remains on the strong side the club paddle may have to be cancelled, depending on the wind direction and strength. I will probably do a peer paddle if this happens. Fingers crossed for ok conditions.

Terry ๐Ÿ˜€

jonsedjonsed
    Participant

I’m keen. Fingers crossed for some calm weather.

Thanks,

Jon

Anonymous
    Inactive

Weather still looks poor but at this stage I will come along.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would like to come along please

EMUEMU
    Participant

Gavin and I will be there if it’s on.

jonsedjonsed
    Participant

Actually, I think that I might skip tomorrow. I can’t paddle both days but it looks like there might be enough water in the rivers now to make that worthwhile.

I hope that it’s better than forecast and you have a cracking day out that makes me jealous!

Terry CalcottTerryC
    Participant

Sorry paddlers but I don’t think it will come as any surprise but I am CANCELLING the club paddle.

The wind is just too strong for a club paddle. F5 – 6 with the potential of gusts up to an 8.

I am still going to MB in the morning and a few of us may go out and find some shelter from the WNW wind. But it obviously depends on what the local conditions are like once we get there.

Terry ๐Ÿ™

Anonymous
    Inactive

See you in the morning!

Terry CalcottTerryC
    Participant

Managed a relatively sheltered peer paddle with a few interesting moments of lively conditions encountered along the way! Colour to the cheeks and head down springs to mind.

Terry ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.