Isles of Scilly trip Aug 2018

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi All,

Fantastic news, particularly for the sea kayakers of the club, the Scilly’s have been booked for Fri 10 – Fri 17 Aug 2018! Although the Scilly’s is a mecca for sea kayaking it is also a beautiful haven for walking and wildlife.

Full details and costs have still to be worked out but in 2016 the average cost for a week, consisting of ferry fare (and transportation of a sea kayak) and camping was @£285 per adult, slightly less for children. Expect it to be slightly higher for 2018 and the exact figure will be known once we have a definitive list of numbers attending.

Numbers are likely to be capped at 30 people and you are encouraged to register your interest in attending on this forum.

Clive AshfordClive A
    Participant

Tony

A trip to the beautiful Isles of Scilly, how can we resist? We know how much work goes into organising this, thanks for taking it on.

Joy & Clive would like to put our names down please.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Clive, Joy, thank you!

Linda BradyLinda Brady
    Participant

🙂 Paul and I would like to register our interest!
    A beautiful place to paddle, walk and just chill out. Thanks for organising this.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Linda wrote:

🙂 Paul and I would like to register our interest!
    A beautiful place to paddle, walk and just chill out. Thanks for organising this.

A team effort I hope!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Whoop whoop I can access the forum again. I have already registered my interest Tony as you know, but I feel as though I’ve followed the rules now!! My husband is also interested but he’s not a kayaker so I am not sure how this will work.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Alison W wrote:

Whoop whoop I can access the forum again. I have already registered my interest Tony as you know, but I feel as though I’ve followed the rules now!! My husband is also interested but he’s not a kayaker so I am not sure how this will work.

Alison, we have had people in this position before. Hubbie is welcome to come along and you will get a tent to yourself (unless you say otherwise!). If husband is a keen walker he may enjoy exploring the many paths & historic landmarks around the island. You do not have to paddle every day and therefore you can go off and explore together.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes please, Tony!
    As mentioned in email, happy to chip in with the organisation.
    Bob

Anonymous
    Inactive

@bob g wrote:

Yes please, Tony!
    As mentioned in email, happy to chip in with the organisation.
    Bob

Hi Bob, great to see your posting and will no doubt take you up on your offer to chip in!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Tony
    As I mentioned today, I want to come on this trip. My partner passed the one star course and hopes to join the club in the Spring.
    I’ll need help transporting the Kayak and will, of course, share expenses.

John

Patrick Bradleypatrick.bradley
    Participant

Interested, have been before with St Austell cc
    Patrick

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Tony, 2 people from Teignbridge Club are definitely interested in the Scilly’s trip. Their names are Zoe Tomlinson and Phil Rowsel. Hope this is ok.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Alison W wrote:

Hi Tony, 2 people from Teignbridge Club are definitely interested in the Scilly’s trip. Their names are Zoe Tomlinson and Phil Rowsel. Hope this is ok.

That should be fine Alison.

Regards

Tony

Anonymous
    Inactive

@JayBee wrote:

Hi Tony
    As I mentioned today, I want to come on this trip. My partner passed the one star course and hopes to join the club in the Spring.
    I’ll need help transporting the Kayak and will, of course, share expenses.

John

Hi John, We will just have to wait till closer the date to work out specific arrangements, more info to follow in the New Year!

Anonymous
    Inactive

@patrick.bradley wrote:

Interested, have been before with St Austell cc
    Patrick

Patrick, I will add your name in pencil!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.