Intermediate sea kayak trip, Sunday 19 May.

Port of Plymouth Canoeing Association Forums PPCA General Forum PPCA Club Paddles Intermediate sea kayak trip, Sunday 19 May.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Clive AshfordClive A
    Participant

Hi all,

I am running an intermediate sea kayak trip on Sunday 19 May. At time of writing I don’t know where we are going but it won’t be from Mount Batten. I make up a plan and post details on Friday.

In the mean time club boats are available for this trip. To book a club boat please contact equipment officer Pete Anderson via equipment@ppca-canoe-club.org.uk or 07958 694434. If you are going to use a club boat you will need to be able to transport it to our starting point and you will need to pick it up either from the open boat session on Friday evening or from the Saturday rec paddle.

Clive A.

Tel 01752 344425
    Mob 07854 648584
    E-mail cliveandjoy01@gmail.com

Terry CalcottTerryC
    Participant

Hi Clive,

I am running a club Intro to Sea Kayaking on Saturday 18th May. I have booked all of the club sea kayaks out with Pete for the Saturday. Although I am only likely to need 1 low volume Atlantic and one normal Atlantic as it is a small group and some have their own boats. If you get an influx of paddlers wanting club sea boats for the Sunday trip then there will still be a couple available to pick up early.

Terry

Terry CalcottTerryC
    Participant

Change of numbers now. I will need all of the Atlantics for the sea kayak intro.

stephen pryorstephen pryor
    Participant

Hi Clive depending on conditions and where you go I hope to come on this paddle. I am sure you will let me know if it is not for me! Stephen

Bruce Burtonbruceb
    Participant

Unfortunately I won’t be around to participate on May 19th, so if anyone has any difficulty in getting a sea boat for the occasion, I would be happy to lend out my Capella. I expect to be doing the rec paddle on Saturday using my shorter boat, so either before or after that would be an opportunity to pick up the Capella. If anyone wants to do this, please contact me either through this forum or via the Facebook page.

Clive AshfordClive A
    Participant

Intermediate sea kayak trip, Sunday 19 May.

Well boys and girls, I’ve made a plan. It’s not a cunning plan and you’ll be delighted to hear that it doesn’t involve turnips.

So, the plan is to launch from the Breakwater Car Park in Brixham, paddle around Berry Head and continue around the coast until lunch time. We will then stop for lunch after which we will return to Brixham. The Torbay lifeboat station is located adjacent to the car park so for those of you that need such things their postcode is TQ5 9AF.

I aim to launch at 10:00. Please be there in plenty of time.

The car park is pay and display. It isn’t cheap but please pay for all day.

There will be plenty of opportunity to play around the rocks. If you want to do that please bring (and wear) a helmet. There are also caves. If you want to explore these caves bring (and wear) a helmet. Some of the caves are deep. A head torch may also be useful as long as it fits over the helmet that you will (of course) be wearing. Detecting a theme here are we? Good.

Stephen, the forecast is for Sunday is relatively warm with light winds but possibly a bit of rain. Assuming the forecast to be correct I would say that this trip will be well within your comfort zone. Come along and be prepared to smile.

See you salty paddlers on Sunday.

Clive A.

Tel 01752 344425
    Mob 07854 648584
    E-mail cliveandjoy01@gmail.com

stephen pryorstephen pryor
    Participant

Hi Clive thanks for your message and encouragement, will see you at Brixham, looking forward to it as I have never paddled that bit of coast.

Regards

Stephen

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ll be there, and lovely mad Jane is picking me up on her way, so she’ll be there too.

Pete AndersonPete Anderson
    Participant

Hi Clive
    Myself and Bekky will be joining you .
    We are planning to car share and intend to meet at the Ridgeway carpark tomorrow morning at 8ish.
    Regards
    Pete

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.