Coastal Cleanup Paddle 14th July

Port of Plymouth Canoeing Association Forums PPCA General Forum PPCA Club Paddles Coastal Cleanup Paddle 14th July

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    James HubbardJames Hubbard
    Keymaster

Following on from last year’s very successful Coastal Cleanup Paddle, we’ll be teaming up again with Plymouth Beach Clean volunteers to clean the section of coastline from Mount Batten point to Bovisand beach on Sunday 14th July!

The plan is to be on the water for 10am and collect rubbish along the coast and beaches inaccessible from land, to meet up with the shore based crew at Bovisand to drop the haul, skim stones, swim, eat lunch, or other activities befitting the occasion before heading back.

If you could spare a morning to help keep Plymouth Sound clean and raise the profile of the club then please come along, it is also an excellent excuse for rock hopping.

Hopefully this will be the first of more than one such paddles this year!

https://www.facebook.com/events/324799341750805/

Keymaster

A reminder that the Coastal Cleanup Paddle is happening on July 14th, that’s a week on Sunday! It would be great to have an idea of numbers (here or pm me, or let me know on Tuesday), especially if you’re able to paddle an open boat so I can arrange for collection bags. Thanks, see you there!

Clive AshfordClive A
    Participant

Hi James, I’ll be there, thanks for organising this.

Clive A

Robert SherstonRobert Sherston
    Participant

Hi James I’m planning on joining you this Sunday 14th
    See you there
    Bob

Colin WildingColin Wilding
    Participant

Hi Jamie. I will be there.

Adam CoulsonAdam Coulson
    Keymaster

Karen and I will be there. Currently deliberating if a small plastic GP boat or long sea kayak would suit the job better as missed both of the similar events last year. Adam

Anonymous
    Inactive

In my infinite wisdom, i went for a sunrise paddle this morni g and have managed to catch a bug. Thought it was hayfever but i feel like death warmed up. Is there any coaches/leaders that could cover for me in the morning.? If no, ill be there, able to lead the group safely, but wont be moving much from my kayak. Much appreciated, Gavin

Keymaster

Thanks everyone, looking forward to this 🙂

Adam we have at least two open boats to carry rubbish, if that affects your decision.

Get well soon Gavin, keep your lurghy at home!

Linda BradyLinda Brady
    Participant

Good morning, are we still able to take open boats to Bovisand today? If yes, we would like to!

Keymaster

Absolutely, 10am on the water from Mountbatten, hope to see you there! I’ll be in an open boat too.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.