Changes to how we organise whitewater trips.

Port of Plymouth Canoeing Association Forums PPCA General Forum PPCA Club Paddles Changes to how we organise whitewater trips.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Clive AshfordClive A
    Participant

The observant among you will have noted that the club calendar no longer advises whether a particular river trip is going to run at a beginners or an intermediate level, but instead simply reads “River trip,” with the coaches name and phone number alongside.

Because river paddling is so dependent on how much rain has fallen in the previous few days we have decided to give our coaches a chance to organise a trip that is most suited to the expected levels, and to put a suitable post on the forum advising what has been planned.

We are also hoping that dependent on river levels and the availability of coaches etc we will be able to run 2 trips each Sunday, thus giving our whitewater warriors the best opportunity of paddling throughout the winter.

So the message is to expect a beginners and an intermediate river trip each Sunday and to watch the forum for details closer to the date.

Hope this makes sense?

Clive A.

Kevin JonesKevin Jones
    Participant

Clive,

That makes complete sense to me. From my perspective this is great since it increases the propects of a trip on any given weekend.

I recognize increased complexity for the trip organizers and would be happy to do what I can to make things easier.

I shall now begin the negotiations of reserving most Sundays throughout the winter 🙂

Thanks,

Kevin

Patrick Bradleypatrick.bradley
    Participant

I have mislaid a blue net bag …. I think it’s a skill acquired with the passing of the years….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.