BEGINNERS RIVER PADDLE SUNDAY 6th OCTOBER 2019

Port of Plymouth Canoeing Association Forums PPCA General Forum PPCA Club Paddles BEGINNERS RIVER PADDLE SUNDAY 6th OCTOBER 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Ken HamblinKen Hamblin

Well as you may have read already there is a paddle organised every Sunday throughout the winter. This Sunday we will be paddling the lower Dart which begins at Holne Weir to Buckfastleigh where we get out at the Salmons Leap Cafe car park. This depending on the weather will take about 3 to 4 hours so it is advisable to bring a drink and a snack along with you if you so wish. We normally have a short break about half way down. This is a grade 2 section of river at the level we are permitted to paddle at so if you haven’t paddled rivers before this is your opportunity to have a go providing that you are reasonably confidant at paddling normally. It is reasonably warm at the moment so again this is the ideal time to try this out. As Clive has said there will be a number of Beginners trips organised at this time of the season depending on the uptake, until you are all confidant at paddling that stretch of river at which point we will move up river to do the section known as the Loop, a gentle grade 3.
    So if you are coming along please meet at the Plympton Car Park near to the Coop end of the Ridgway at 0845 hrs ready to move off at 0900 hrs. Because of the restricted car parking spaces at the other end we try to car share where possible. If you live nearer the river end please meet in the far end of the car park of the Salmons Leap Cafe at 0930hrs which is just to the left of the turning off the A38 Buckfast turn off.
    If it is your intention to join us would you please either indicate on here your wishes or phone me on 07790293952 if you have any questions so that I can have an idea as to how many coaches we might need.
    I will update this entry on Saturday at about 1800 hrs after checking the weather forecast and river levels etc
    See all you eager white water paddlers on Sunday??
    Ken

• This topic was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by Ken HamblinKen Hamblin.
    Doug SitchDoug Sitch
    Participant

I will be along!!

Doug

Anonymous
    Inactive

I will be coming along

John

Andy KittleAndy Kittle
    Participant

I’m hoping to be there
    Kitts

Clive AshfordClive A
    Participant

Joy & Clive will be there.

Splash splash.

Debbie RowlandsDebbie Rowlands
    Participant

I plan to be there (if there are enough of us beginners). Thanks. Debbie

Alan EdeBigAl
    Participant

I’m planning to be there.
    Roof rack going on the car tomorrow.
    Al

Marketa MyskovaMarketa Myskova
    Participant

Sorry can’t make this Sunday but should be ok for next week Keta

Ken HamblinKen Hamblin

Sorry about the delay but at this time the river level looks really good but unfortunately the forecast is giving us a prediction of about 4/5 hours of heavy rain up to midnight. With a bit of luck this will have run off by the morning or the volume wasn’t as great as they thought it would be. Either way we will have a look at the level again in the morning early so keep your fingers crossed please.
    Hopefully see you all in the morning on a bright sunny and warm day !!!!!!
    Ken

Doug SitchDoug Sitch
    Participant

Forecast rain looks like it will be a small top-up to me and should be settled back down to today’s level again by tomorrow. Looking good 🙂
    Doug

Anonymous
    Inactive

Will meet you at at the lay-by for 0930. Doing a run down the loop at 8am first.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ll meet you at Salmon’s at 09:30. Pete

Kevin JonesKevin Jones
    Participant

Due to a last minute change of plan, I can make it! I’ll plan to be at Salmons Leap.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by Kevin JonesKevin Jones.
    Debbie RowlandsDebbie Rowlands
    Participant

Ken, I will meet you all at Salmon’s Leap. Thanks. Debbie

Doug SitchDoug Sitch
    Participant

John.
    Text me on 07966740025
    Doug 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.