BEGINNERS RIVER PADDLE SUNDAY 22nd DECEMBER 2019

Port of Plymouth Canoeing Association Forums PPCA General Forum PPCA Club Paddles BEGINNERS RIVER PADDLE SUNDAY 22nd DECEMBER 2019

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Ken HamblinKen Hamblin

Sorry for the delay folks but have been monitoring the river levels during the week and until late tomorrow evening if the quantity of rain forecast does drop then it will be Sunday morning before we can decide what to do so at this time if you do wish to paddle please meet as usual at the Plympton Car Park at 0845 hrs ready to leave at 0900 hrs. The choice will be first if any Beginners turn up maybe the lower Dart followed by the Loop depending on the level or the Walkaham again.This is also depending on what you guys would prefer so if you are coming along please leave a short note on here with your choice. If the Loop is too high for a Club trip there is always the alternative for a Peer paddle should you so wish.
    I will update tomorrow evening as early as I can but may still have to wait until Sunday Morning
    Ken?

Kevin JonesKevin Jones
    Participant

I’m planning to come along. I’m happy on anything with some water in it – and occasionally with too much water in it 🙂

Sean GeorgeSean
    Participant

Hi Ken,
    Count me in.
    Happy wherever we go although the loop at high level sounds interesting!

Thanks, Sean.

Andy KittleAndy Kittle
    Participant

Hi Ken,
    If it’s a loop trip I may be able to do a quick one (ie, meet you at Holne, leave my car at the bottom and scoot off). I have a family gathering at my house in the afternoon. I’d best be there! If not the loop, have fun and merry Xmas one and all.
    Kitts

Clive AshfordClive A
    Participant

Hi Ken

I hope to be there. The Walkham would be my choice.

Clive A.

Emerson FreemantleEmerson
    Participant

I’ll be there. Me too for the Walkham.

Ems.

Clive AshfordClive A
    Participant

Hi all,

Ken has spoken to me and has asked me if I would run this trip on his behalf as he has a cold. So with apologies to Andy we will run the Walkham.

We will meet at Towerfield Dr, Woolwell, ready to leave at 09:00. Towerfield Drive is near to Roborough Tesco & Lidl. The postcode of the nearby Pets for Roborough is PL6 7FG.

Those wishing to meet at the river be at Denham Bridge at 09:30.

See you tomorrow.

Clive A.

Tel 01752 344425
    Mob 07854 648584
    E-mail cliveandjoy01@gmail.com

p.s. Get well soon Ken.

Andy KittleAndy Kittle
    Participant

No need to apologise. I would prefer the Walkham too. Have a good one.

Jane Hitchingsjanehitchings
    Participant

Hi I’ll be there, you may have forgotten what I look like. See you at Woolwell 8.50 tomorrow.
    Love Jane

Kevin JonesKevin Jones
    Participant

There were some posts warning about sewage on the walkham today around the Tavy confluence. Might need to bring after paddle deodorant:-)

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by Kevin JonesKevin Jones.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.