Beach clean 12th Oct – note from Colin

Port of Plymouth Canoeing Association Forums PPCA General Forum PPCA Club Paddles Beach clean 12th Oct – note from Colin

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mark PerryMark Perry
    Keymaster

BEACH CLEAN Saturday 12th October.

Hi all. Brim has kindly agreed to lead the paddle in support of the 4th Beach Clean. I have arranged for whatever waste we pick up to be recovered on the following Monday (14th). Hopefully the weather gods will be kind enough to allow the paddle to proceed. It would be great if we had similar support from large and small boat paddlers to the last 3 beach cleaning events. The plan would be the same as previous cleans in that we would be on the water at Mount Batten for 1000hrs, miss out MB Beach, clean beaches towards Bovisand Fort (leap-frogging other groups as we finish) and lunching on the main Bovisand Beach before returning to MB. I haven’t been able to get a response from the recycling team and currently there isn’t a specific lunch time; if they do respond, I would expect 1300 hrs to avoid having to rush.

Regards

Colin

Colin WildingColin Wilding
    Participant

Hi guys. Can we have a few responses as it currently only looks like three of us. I appreciate that it will be weather dependent but …..Telephone number is 07928578144.
    Thanks
    Colin

Participant

Saturday’s weather is forecast as wet but wind is only 6/gusting 10 knots and swell is 0.5m/6 secs so well within the club’s limits. We just need the paddlers.

Clive AshfordClive A
    Participant

Hi Colin

I will be there.

Clive A

Participant

Just a thought but remember to bring gloves/litter pickers as you require. I have a sharps container and have acquired/bought plenty of bags.

Participant

The weather was kind. Thanks go to the 12 people who turned up. We collected plastics, fishing nets, ropes and a lobster pot between Jennycliff and Bovisand. Hopefully the guys with cameras will upload their photos to verify that we had a successful day. Although to quote Mark ‘it’s a pity that it is necessary to carry out these beach cleans’ but unfortunately there it is!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.