50 years of PPCA

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mark PerryMark Perry
    Keymaster

PORT OF PLYMOUTH CANOE CLUB ANNIVERSARY, This year 2022 is the clubs 50th anniversary.
    We have a couple of challenges planned for the 50th anniversary to encourage a bit of fun and participation.
    Challenge 1, to get 50 kayaks / canoes on the water, this will be great opportunity to have have a social and mingle as well as having a paddle around the sound. It would be great to get a big raft up with some aerial shots. Create some publicity for the club.
    We would also gather afterwards for a shared buffet, can I just say the Easter Rock Buffet was exceptional so it will be well worth taking part for lunch alone.
    We are looking at the Paddle on the 9th of July for this event. Clive has made a preliminary agreement but be great to have a few coaches on the day to round us all up. Please put this in your diary as we can’t do it without you all.
    More details to follow.
    Challenge 2, is a challenge for the individual to paddle 50 miles (of the nautical miles) in the month of July. Each individual would need to keep a log of their efforts to show how their 50 miles were achieved. Either strava app or logged note book etc.
    For those competitive types in the club, I know there is one or two of us. We could see who could achieve 50 x 2 miles or even 50 x 3 miles (yes nautical ones ) in the month of July.
    It would be nice to get a certificate/medal/commemorative mug for this achievement so I’ll see what can be arranged.
    Any way it will be fun.
    Any offers to help with these activities please can you message any of the committee

• This topic was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by Mark PerryMark Perry.
    Clive AshfordClive A
    Participant

Iโ€™m not sure that Mark has given you enough information so, for those that need to know, 50 nautical miles =
    57.53897 miles.
    92.6 kilometers.
    4603.118 chains.
    9.787828e-12 light years.
    926000000000000 angstrom.

Clearer now?

Clive A.

Karen SargentKaren
    Participant

Very funny Clive ๐Ÿคฃ I’m up for a few Nautical Miles ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

Gill MannGill Mann
    Participant

50 Nautical miles. Are you up for the challenge? July is only a day away.
    Over the month of July to commemorative the 50th anniversary the PPCA is setting a challenge for all members to see how many nautical miles they can clock up in the 31 days of the month.
    Commerative mugs will be awarded to those that can complete 50 or maybe 100 or even 150 Nautical miles.
    The mug designs are pretty cool, and what about the satisfaction !
    If your interested in taking part. Message here or on the PPCA Facebook page. Keep an accurate log off your paddles, phone apps can be used such as strava.
    Keep save and sensible paddling. ๐Ÿ‘

Karen SargentKaren
    Participant

Count me,๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ™€lovely idea, love the mugs, will look good in the kitchen ๐Ÿ˜ธ๐Ÿ˜ธ

Clive AshfordClive A
    Participant

I’m a mug for a mug, count me in.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.