With water sports and paddling (in small groups) now allowed under government advice and in accordance with British canoeing guidelines, PPCA is pleased to announce that we can now make a controlled return to paddling. Although we have had to make some significant changes to how we operate!
On Tuesday evenings we will be running 2 groups of 5 participants and a coach, with the hope of adding more as lockdown restrictions ease further. Under normal circumstances we would be running training sessions, however the to prevent the risk of spreading covid 19 and with social distancing measures in place, it is still not yet possible to return to our pre lockdown program. Whilst limited training will be available on these sessions, rescues and close contact will not be permitted. For the time being there will not be different groups for the explore and sea award, instead these will be mixed ability groups. Please speak to the coaches on the evenings if there are any specific skills you would like to work on.
We will now have 2 groups – one leaving at 6pm returning at 8pm and the other at 6.30pm retuning at 8.30 pm. This staggered approach is to allow each group time to access the sheds and boats in a safe and social distanced manner.
Please follow signage and direction from coaches while using the sheds.
Use this page to book for the 6.30pm session returning to the shed at 8.30pm. Booking for the following Tuesday will go live from 1900 on Tuesdays.
If you find you can not make the evening please post on Facebook as soon as you can to allow someone else to take your spot on a first come first served basis.
Note at this time the Mountbatten Centre remains closed and as such there is no access to toilets, showers or changing facilities.
By booking on this you agree to the below Covid 19 consent form.
- I confirm that I have read, understood, and agree to comply with the Club’s Covid-19 Risk Assessment and any Club guidance, communications, or policies related to Covid-19. Available here.
- I have sought answers to any and all questions I have regarding the Club’s position from the relevant Club officials.
- I confirm that I have not displayed any Covid-19 symptoms or to the best of my knowledge been in close contact with someone who has displayed symptoms in the last 21 days.
- I confirm that I will adhere to Government and Public Health England guidelines whilst attending the Club or partaking in Club activities.
- I understand that by attending the Club and partaking in Club activities I may be subject to an increased risk of exposure to Covid-19 and that by taking part in such activities I am accepting this increased risk.